"I was so bloated that I looked nine months pregnant," explains Andrea D., a school secretary from Madison, Wisconsin. "Anything I ate would come right back up, but I was still gaining unwanted weight." With pain rippling through her body, she struggled to sleep and function and had constipation, especially after eating carb-heavy foods. Exhausted from the roller coaster, Andrea consulted a gastroenterologist, desperate for answers.
After running tests, Andrea’s doctor told her the news: an imbalance of the bacteria in her gut was causing her symptoms. Seeking relief, Andrea went online to learn more about how her gut health was affecting her quality of life.
She first tried other probiotics and digestive enzymes without any change in how she felt. After doing more research online, Andrea found Global Healing’s Gut Health Kit™ and hoped it would stop her painful symptoms and restore her gastrointestinal balance — and she wasn’t let down. Just a couple of weeks into the 30-day program, Andrea was feeling less pain and experiencing more energy.
Andrea isn’t alone in her gut issues. A recent survey showed that 61 percent of Americans experience at least one gastrointestinal symptom — such as gas, bloating, heartburn, stomach pain, constipation, or diarrhea — every week. Gut health is an essential — but often overlooked — aspect of your health and wellbeing.
Why Is Your Gut Health Important?
You have 100 trillion bacteria cells and other microorganisms in your gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Called gut flora or microbiota, most of these organisms live in the large intestine where they help digest food and synthesize nutrients.
These gut biota influence your immune system and even your mental health. Your gut produces most of the serotonin (the "happy” hormone) in your body! Balancing your gut ecosystem can also help with weight loss for the stubborn pounds you can’t seem to shed.
Some signs and symptoms you may have an unhealthy gut include:
- Bloating and/or gas
- Periodic feelings of anxiety and/or depression
- Food sensitivities and intolerances
- Acne or skin rashes
- Occasional headaches
- Sleep disturbances/insomnia
- A weak or imbalanced immune system
- Unintentional weight gain or loss
Any shift in the delicate balance of gut microorganisms can affect your health. Things that shift the balance may include a short-term illness, harmful organism overgrowth, stress, antibiotics, diet, and even aging. If you want to get any of these aspects of health back on track, you should try cleansing to help your gut.
What Is the Gut Health Kit?
The Gut Health Kit is a maintenance program designed to reset and balance your gut over 30 days. In addition to gut-supporting supplements, it features easy-to-follow instructions and recommendations on what foods to eat and avoid in order to support the gut. The organic supplements work synergistically to cleanse, replenish, and soothe your digestive system. They support every aspect of gut health, your immune system, and total body wellness.
During the 30 day period, it's recommended that you should follow a plant-based, vegetarian diet — preferably vegan — that avoids common gut irritants; these foods include gluten, sugar, additives, and soy, among others. You can add in prebiotic and probiotic high-fiber foods that support the gut, such as beans, oatmeal, sauerkraut, jicama, garlic, flaxseed, and greens.
"Within a couple of weeks of using the kit, I noticed less bloating and less stomach pain," says Andrea. "My bowel movements became more regular. I followed the instructions in the kit and changed my eating habits by following the recommended diet, too. The Gut Health Kit guided me to a healthy lifestyle."
Let’s explore the health benefits of the ingredients in the supplements contained in The Gut Health Kit:
With a history that extends back 6,000 years, Aloe vera has long been used as a therapeutic agent for balancing gut health. Aloe has a gentle cleansing effect on the body by increasing water in the intestines and flushing out built-up waste. Used as a remedy for occasional constipation, Aloe vera both soothes and cleanses the digestive tract.
Aloe Fuzion™ is a high-potency aloe vera supplement full of antioxidants and nutrients that soothe the gastrointestinal tract. Aloe Fuzion is aloin-free and does not contain the harsh outer leaf. Acemannan, the active ingredient, supports the immune system, soothes irritation, and encourages a healthy gut environment.
Probiotics are live gut microbes that are beneficial to your gastrointestinal health. They help you digest the food you eat, detoxify your system, and balance the gut. Nearly 70 percent of your immune system resides in your gut. Probiotics can enhance your immune function by replenishing your gut’s supply of good bacteria, which helps you stay healthy.
Floratrex™ contains live and active cultures from 25 unique probiotic strains that provide 75 billion CFUs (colony forming units). It also contains Saccharomyces boulardii, a fungal strain that supports healthy skin and digestion, and bacteriophages that target bad bacteria. This superior probiotic supplement helps ease digestion, supports the immune system, and promotes normal intestinal function.
Digestive enzymes break down proteins, fats, and carbohydrates in the foods you eat. Symptoms such as gas, abdominal pain, constipation, and bloating may indicate you should up your intake of digestive enzymes. Digestive enzymes have been reported to relieve various common gastrointestinal complaints. They help your body digest and absorb the nutrients it requires. Enzymes also assist the body's normal regulation of inflammation.
Veganzyme® is a full-spectrum enzyme supplement that helps you digest fats, carbs, protein, lactose, and fiber. This enables you to get maximum nutritional value from the food you eat.
Oxygen-Based Colon Cleanser
By the age of 40, the average person may have 10 pounds of hard compacted fecal matter lodged in their intestinal tract. This can lead to discomfort and bloating. Oxygen-based colon cleansers release oxygen into the colon, and through the process of oxidation, dissolve accumulated waste build-up. This effectively detoxifies your intestines. The body then flushes them out through normal bowel movements, leaving you feeling lighter and less bloated.
Oxy-Powder® is Global Healing’s own tried and true formula that gently flushes toxins and compacted waste from your entire digestive tract. It’s been imitated but never replicated!
"My favorite supplement in the kit was the Oxy-Powder," explained Andrea. "When I would get bloated or backed up, it was comforting to know that it would help relieve me of my discomfort. The digestive enzymes really helped in breaking down the foods to help with digestion, too."
Does This Kit Improve Gut Health?
Does the Gut Health Kit work? In a word: yes. Reviews have been outstanding, including Andrea’s, a Global Healing customer who left a review on our website.
"My doctor had encouraged me to try other probiotics and enzymes, but those didn’t do anything to help me!" says Andrea. "It wasn’t until I began using the Gut Health Kit that my doctor and I noticed a significant improvement in my health. I brought the supplements in to show my doctor, and he approved, too. He was happy to see my results."
"Definitely recommend this product combo,” Andrea adds. "I tell so many people about it!"
Other Ways to Improve Gut Health
Supplements aren’t the only way to improve your gut health. While using any gut health protocol or cleanse, you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle, including habits that support gut health. While doing the cleanse, Andrea was inspired to clean up her diet to get the best results.
"I cut out all sugar, bread, alcohol, and dairy from my diet," says Andrea. "I ate as much organic food as possible and started to plan for and cook healthier meals." Along with drinking lemon and Aloe water daily, Andrea began exercising 3 to 4 times a week. "I was still feeling pretty tired at first, but after a couple of weeks, I started to feel my energy levels improve, my pain decreased, and I was much less bloated."
What Andrea discovered — and what we always encourage for anyone performing a cleanse — is in line with standard recommendations for improving your gastrointestinal health.
- Exercise: Research shows that exercise diversifies the gut microbiome, which creates better balance. In other words, moderate exercise on a regular basis increases bacterial diversity in the gut.
- Reduce Stress: Stress can negatively impact your health, and research shows it can have an impact on your gut health, too. Reduce stress by taking regular breathing breaks at work! On your off time, you can also meditate, do yoga, or engage in hobbies that make you laugh or help you relax.
- Eat Fermented Foods: Fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kimchee, nut-milk kefir, and kombucha are an excellent source of healthy bacteria that have proven health benefits.
Points to Remember
In many ways, the diversity and complexity of your gut microbiota is as complex and as mysterious as the Universe. Sometimes factors in life cause an imbalance in the gut. When that happens, you may experience bloating, constipation, gas, headaches, and other uncomfortable symptoms. Balancing your gut environment, which means more healthy bacteria and fewer bad microbes, can even help with losing weight.
The Gut Health Kit provides the supplies to restore balance to your gut microbiota and gut health. It includes a 30-day supply of Oxy-Powder, an oxygenated colon cleaner; VeganZyme, a superior blend of digestive and systemic enzymes; Aloe Fuzion; and Floratrex, an advanced 25-strain probiotic formula. When combined with eating a healthy, plant-based diet, you will see even better results!
- Almario CV, et al. Burden of gastrointestinal symptoms in the United States: results of a nationally representative survey of over 71,000 Americans. Am J Gastroenterol. 2018 Nov;113(11):1701-1710.
- 4 Fast Facts about the Gut Brain Connection. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, NIH. Updated Sep 2017. Accessed 8 Dec 2019.
- Martin CR, et al. The brain-gut-microbiome axis. Therap Adv Gastroenterol. 2013 Jul;6(4):295-308.
- Mehta I. History of aloe vera — (a magical plant). Int. J. Human. Soc. Sci. Res. 2017;22(8):21-24.
- Surjushe A, et al. Aloe vera. A short review. Indian J Dermatol. 2008; 53(4):16301-16306.
- Kechagia M, et al. Health benefits of probiotics: a review. ISRN Nutr. 2013;2013:481651.
- Vighi G, et al. Allergy and the gastrointestinal system. Clin Exp Immunol. 2008 Sep; 153(Suppl 1):3-6.
- Ianiro G, et al. Digestive enzyme supplementation in gastrointestinal diseases. Curr Drug Metab. 2016 Feb; 17(2):187-193.
- Quinten T, et al. Can the supplementation of a digestive enzyme complex offer a solution for common digestive problems? Arch Public Health. 2014;72(Suppl 1):P7.
- Monda V, et al. Exercise modifies the gut microbiota with positive health effects. Oxid Med Cell Longev.2017;2017:3831972.
- Carl JP, et al. Effects of psychological, environmental and physical stressors on the gut microbiota. Front Microbiol.2018;9:2013.
- Rezac S, et al. Fermented foods as a dietary source of live organisms. Front Microbiol.2018;9:1785.
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.