Every day, we are bombarded with chemicals that can have a negative effect on our health. This can include the development of cancer, as well as many other diseases. Below I list twenty reasons why everyone should consider detoxing their body of toxic metals and chemicals.
- One out of every ten women of childbearing age has dangerously high concentrations of mercury "within one-tenth of potentially hazardous levels" in their bloodstream.
- People below the poverty line are more likely to have elevated blood lead levels.
- Industrial contaminants (including dioxins, PCBs, and mercury), microbial contaminants (such as E. coli), and natural contaminants such as aflatoxins are often found in foods.
- In 1998, 55 percent of all food samples tested by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Pesticide Data Program had detectable pesticide residue.
- Data from 1994 to 1996 found that 25 percent of food samples tested had detectable levels of cancer-causing pesticides, and 34 percent had neurotoxic pesticides.
- Some studies estimate 99 percent of the breastmilk in women living in the United States contains measurable levels of DDT (Dichloro-Diphenyl-Trichloroethane), the first modern toxic chemical pesticide.
- In the United States, eight times more antibiotics are used for the livestock industry than for human inoculation against disease. If you eat meat, you are exposed to these antibiotics.
- In a study where pigs were fed large amounts of synthetic B vitamins, the pigs produced sterile offspring. Synthetic vitamins provide little nutritional value.
- Chlorine, acetone peroxide, benzoyl peroxide, and nitrogen dioxide are the most common oxidizing agents used during white flour processing in the production of white bread.
- The Center for Science in the Public Interest, a nutritional lobbying group, claims that sodium chloride (common table salt) could be "the single deadliest ingredient in the food supply."
- MSG (monosodium glutamate) is a toxic substance and causes adverse reactions, brain lesions, endocrine disorders, and other negative health concerns.
- The chemical, acrylamide, which is used industrially in the manufacturing of some plastics, is also formed by heating starches. Foods with especially high levels of the chemical included French fries, potato chips, and crackers.
- An alarming study published in the American Journal of Public Health estimates a 95 percent risk of developing cancer from regular consumption of chlorinated tap water!
- After being inside the body for 20 minutes, aspartame begins breaking down from its original compound into methanol, formaldehyde (a class-A carcinogen) and formic acid.
- Over 70 percent of the world's coffee supply is contaminated with toxic pesticides and chemicals. It's estimated that just one cup of coffee contains more than 2,000 chemicals, many of which are gastrointestinal irritants and cancer-causing agents. Also, the high heat used in roasting coffee beans causes the natural oils to turn rancid, further contributing to its chemical load. Choose organic varieties instead!
- Playing and crawling on a typical floor exposes babies to contaminants such as dust mites, mold, and mildew. Just one day of exposure introduces the equivalent of four cigarettes into an infant's lungs.
- Every year, indoor air pollution is responsible for the death of 1.6 million people, due to pneumonia, chronic respiratory disease, and lung cancer. While these deaths are mostly in the developing world, be careful not to inhale smoke from any sources.
- Numerous studies have linked chlorine in drinking water to bladder and rectal cancer.
- The National Resources Defense Council (NRDC) estimates that as many as 56 million people in 25 states have been drinking water with unsafe levels of arsenic.  Arsenic is a major cancer-causing agent!
- Bottled water, infant formulas, toothpaste, mouthwash, and even vitamin supplements, now contain fluoride! Fluorides are more toxic than lead and only slightly less poisonous than arsenic.
Points to Remember
No matter who you are, where you live, or what you eat, you are constantly exposed to toxic chemicals in the environment. Once inside the body, chemicals and toxic metals cause production of harmful free radicals that poison the body, impair cell and organ function, and lead to serious health concerns.
You can minimize your exposures to chemicals as best you can, but in the modern world, it's impossible to avoid them. Eating organic food, purifying your water, and cleansing are the best ways to keep your body free of toxic chemicals. But in addition, I recommend detoxing your body from these substances using Global Healing Center's Chemical and Toxic Metal Cleanse Kit. If you try it, let us know how you feel!
- Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition. Blood and hair mercury levels in young children and women of childbearing age, 1999. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2 Mar 2001. 50(08);140-143.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency. America's Children and the Environment: A First View of Available Measures. Published Dec 2000. Accessed 23 Dec 2019.
- Epstein SS. Potential public health hazards of biosynthetic milk hormones. Int J Health Serv. 1990;20(1):73-84. Erratum in: Int J Health Serv 1991;21(2):373.
- Jacobson MF. Salt: The Forgotten Killer and the FDA's Failure to Protect the Public's Health. Center for Science in the Public Interest. Published 24 Feb 2005. Accessed 23 Dec 2019.
- Niaz K, et al. Extensive use of monosodium glutamate: A threat to public health? EXCLI J. 2018;17: 273-278.
- Indoor air pollution — the killer in the kitchen [press release]. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization & United Nations Development Program. 14 Oct 2004. Accessed 23 Dec 2019.
- Morris RD, et al. Chlorination, chlorination by-products, and cancer: a meta-analysis. Am J Public Health. 1992 July. 82(7); 955-963.
- Arsenic in Drinking Water. Washington DC:Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy. Published 25 Jul 2001. Accessed 23 Dec 2019.
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.
10 responses to “20 Reasons Why You Need a Chemical and Toxic Metal Cleanse”